Sunday, January 6, 2008

blackout.

last night at roughly 5:17 a.m. the power went out. at first i thought maybe it was only in my room and it would kick back on. nothing is that simple. after a few seconds i wondered into the hallway and one of the guys next to me, and a guy across from me were in the hall as well. the power was out in our whole hallway. eventually we realized the power was out in the entire main quad. i went to bed a little before six.

when i woke up at noon the power was still out. it stayed that way for a while until they got a generator running and now we have lights in the hall and in our rooms, and in some rooms the outlets work. in mine of course, they don't. so here i am with nothing to do. i went to a friends room to get a little charge on my laptop and now i sit in my room writing this. it turns out the power is out elsewhere on campus too and maybe classes will be canceled tomorrow. they have already told us the power wont be fixed until tomorrow.

so yeah, basically it sucks having no power. at least it was kind of cool without the lights. its not a true blackout with lights. its just a lame power outage. i even bought a flashlight and everything to prepare for a true blackout. today i realized how much my life depends on electricity. i have no tv to watch, no x box to play, when the battery on my laptop dies i wont have a computer to use, i dont have a charger for my phone, etc etc etc. the moral of the story; power outages are no fun.

No comments: